Pages

Sunday 24 August 2014

Birthday celebrations.

So today I want to start with just  a few photos that I found still on my camera from my last holiday visit.  As I had left my camera here the last time I hadn't actually had an opportunity to look at them until now.

So, a few from our day out at the lakes and reservoirs not far from here.  Such a stunning place.


Beautiful setting from the roof
Beautiful setting from the roof
 What a lovely area
What a lovely area

After our day out I had decided to treat the Mr to dinner at one of the fish restaurants he had told me about, so we arrived and ordered a beer.
About a half hour later, this way the view.  Not a bad way to spend an evening at all.  The food was amazing too.  If I remember correctly, I had brown trout and he had catfish.  There wasn't much left at the end.

Dinner by the lake
Dinner by the lake
I still laugh about this.  You do see some very strange things around, but this really made me laugh:

Lion Dog!
Lion Dog!
Anyway, enough mad dog antics.  Now to the present.

Yesterday late afternoon I got ushered out and down into town under the pretence of a couple of hours sat chilling out in one of the local open air cafés.  We had a couple of drinks, watched several wedding parties tooting their way through the streets (something I find lovely here), chatted and left for a walk around the park.  
Storm brewing
Storm brewing
Something wasn't making sense and I started to get the feeling that the Mr was up to no good.  He was acting very oddly indeed.  Delaying going for a kebab when I said I was hungry.   Whilst standing looking at a map of the region in the town square, it all became clear!  He had invited a few friends out that evening so we could all go to dinner to celebrate my birthday.  Sneaky!  but also a lovely gesture.  I really was thrilled.

The sneak!
The sneak!
What a lovely evening I had.  I got given gifts, ate and drank and laughed.  Wonderful surprise.

After a lovely evening I did something REALLY stupid.  Whilst heading to the loo I spotted a pretty big spider in the hallway.  So in my wisdom, I turned off the light from the camera and tried to get a pic (in the dark) of this huge 8-legged monster, when I stepped forward I kicked the step and actually ripped the top part of my toe off.  Ouchies!!

Ouch!
Ouch!

Not a good end to the evening really.  And so I washed it, sterilised it and wrapped it up before heading to bed.  Still a great way to spend my birthday eve!

This morning I woke around 7.30, which is late for me.  I hopped out of bed and hobbled (slowly) to the loo.  When I got back there were stirrings from the boss.  He sent me back to bed and brought me coffee.  Bless.  Today was about what I wanted to do, so I chose to de-fur Ralf as the poor little bugger has been struggling with the heat.  So we clipped him, showered him and then it was time for the river.  This is what we saw and did:

Sent in to check the depth.  Me not stupid!
Sent in to check the depth.  Me not stupid!

Arm bands are so last season, darling.  Floating shoes are the way forward
Arm bands are so last season, darling.  Floating shoes are the way forward

I had hoped these were Egyptian Vultures, but we think they were storks
I had hoped these were Egyptian Vultures, but we think they were storks

Storks
Storks
So, I am getting this done and out of the way as the chicken in the oven is starting to make me drool!

Enjoy your bank holiday weekend!

A x


EDIT**

And look what just arrived from the little lady next door.  How very lovely of her!


We really are very lucky with the neighbours!

No comments:

Post a Comment