Pages

Thursday 21 August 2014

I'm in and settled, here are some shots!

So, a week has gone by since my arrival, can you believe that?  It has flown!

Anyway, I will start with the thing that most amuses me, even after a week of seeing it.  These little buggers are everywhere.  Every time you take a step, about three of them jump out of the way.  Some, I'm not sure if they are crickets, grasshoppers or locusts, but some have the most amazing colours when they jump.

Is this a cricket?  A grasshopper?  A locust?  Too many bugs!
Is this a cricket?  A grasshopper?  A locust?  Too many bugs!

So, just an idea of what goes on during the week:  We have four builders - Bekir, Sally, Orhan and Mahmet.  They all work like little Trojans, all day every day and really do earn their money here.  I struggle to sit for any length of time in the heat of the day, but they just seem to get on with it all and take regular breaks when it gets too hot up there on the roof, which is pretty much ALL the time.  of course, there is little in the way of health & safety here, so we often see them climbing with fantastic agility and balance it frightens me at times.

Bekir:  Who says Bulgaria doesn't have monkeys?
Bekir:  Who says Bulgaria doesn't have monkeys?

Over the last few days we have seen and heard a lot of military aircraft in the area.  Today, when I went to the roof in the hope of capturing one of these very loud and very fast planes, I spotted a wasp on top of the beam.  I am pretty pleased with the picture I got.

Wassup!
Wassup!

And finally, the ever evasive swallows that I have been trying to get a decent shot of in flight since I started coming out here.  Here's the little bugger.  Soon they will be flying south in search of warmer (haha) climes!

In flight
In flight

And that's it for tonight.  I have been pretty slack in my photo taking this week as I have been focussing on setting up my remote work, but hopefully this is all sorted and I can actually start to show you what a beautiful place I now live in!

Ta ta,
A x



2 comments:

  1. Oh goodie, properly short and sweet posts! I usually read your bearded half's (that came out a bit awkward) posts late in the evening when I cannot sleep. His protracted and full of unnecessary details writings (which I really like, as they reveal how an Englishman's mind works - and let me tell you, it's weird as hell to a native) are great for "putting someone to sleep" - and I mean that in the best possible way :D :D :D

    Looking at your format, I'll be using yours as a morning wake up! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you for reading. Yeah, I don't have the patience to do a daily one like my "bearded half" does. But yes, I will be posting pictures and a short update once in a while. Enjoy your coffee. :)

      Delete