Pages

Monday 7 September 2015

More from me

Hi. It's been a bit of an emotional few weeks.  Getting older really does mess with my head sometimes. Anyway, I am one year older.  One year closer to being utterly useless and one year older than I care to be.  However, I have a wonderful partner in crime and with his kind words, reassurances and making me happy despite of myself, I am feeling much more like myself again. It was pretty grim for a while there and I do wonder if the heat was adding to my frustration and spiraling mood. Probably.

Enough of that. It has been SUPER hot here; touching on 40 degrees most days outside and in the early 30s inside. What a heat wave. This place really does see each end of the weather spectrum, that is for sure! It has been a slow few weeks for us personally as the idea of physical work was quite frankly, too much to bear (for me anyway).  We are entering a cooler period this week, so hopefully we can ignite our "get up and go" again and get some stuff done.  We still have a lot of preparation for the colder months and once again, time is drawing in fast. The mornings are dark earlier, as are the nights and it does make me wonder about our daily routine and how this can be combated whilst we are both still having to work the same hours.  Perhaps I need to reconsider mine a little.

What has been happening then?  Well, the majority of the tiles have been purchased for the roof terrace, the living room and the balcony (just to collect some now), the spiral staircase is almost complete (or as complete as it can be without the good solid hardwood for the steps - to be sourced) and the living room is under way.  There have also been additional workmen here resurfacing/strengthening the flat roof that is the balcony and they are currently on with the outer wall. There has been progress with drainage, laying water and electric to the chicken house and also preparations for the water and plumbing to the kitchen.  The Mr has done a fab job with project managing this and really has his eye on the ball.  I am so glad he is here now as I am not sure I could both juggle all of these balls at one time and also make the decisions that have needed to be made on my own.  Cracking progress.

Apart from the building work, we have been to the beach in Greece, I have new wheels (in line skates), the puppies are well, one chicken is laying eggs, Rambo and Sassy are their usual selves and everything is going to plan really.  We have a long weekend to look forward to at the end of the month and after that it will be winter, I suppose.  Lots to do before the cold sets in and we are holed up inside for a couple of months. The men won't be working when it gets to that point so it will be very interesting to have winter to ourselves and experience that for the first time.  We can rat catch together this year!  I won't drone on with a long blog as I am sure most of you catch up with the Mr's every once in a while, so just take this as confirmation that I am alive and well and settled completely into this totally different life. It is truly amazing.




No comments:

Post a Comment