Pages

Friday 5 February 2016

Winter thoughts

I am sitting beside the fire in the living room currently; it is 13.17. I have wasted pretty much all morning sitting in front of Facebook and Twitter, spent a little time reading and playing with the puppies and it suddenly occurred to me that I have no hobbies to speak of. I take photos of course, but that has been taking a back seat really and I have nothing to do in my spare time that I really enjoy. I like to write, hence this blog, but I am not sure I am particularly good at it. I dabbled in a little bit of writing previously but nobody has ever told me it was any good, so I didn't bother with anything more. In fact, I don't suppose I am very good at much in the way of creative stuff. The Mr has many interests and it makes me think that I should try some things out, especially for when the renovations are finished; what on earth will I do with my time?

This has actually been quite a devastating realisation for me today. I rarely get bored as such, but I am now aware that I can while away a LOT of hours by doing absolutely nothing in particular. I need to remedy this.  I am just not quite sure how or with what. The other side of this coin is that I have the attention span of a goldfish and I am also prone to the "cannot be bothered" attitude, so this challenge is growing as I type.

I have always wanted to draw, paint and/or write, to be artistic and at all of these things I fail miserably. I am pretty talentless, it seems.

Probably best I get back to my book then. Perhaps I will pick up some pointers....

1 comment:

  1. Darling! I am Fiona's mum. I have been following Andy's blog, which I really enjoy, and didn't realise you did one too! I really enjoyed your blog when Andy was in the UK. You are not talentless!!! I am sending you something to get you started! Need your address! You can send it to me via Fiona or Charles. dorothy x

    ReplyDelete